About the Festival
Chilliwack Sunflower Festival
By the Creators of the Chilliwack Tulip Festival
The Chilliwack Sunflower Festival is an ode to of one of the best seasons of the year—summer! The fun begins mid-summer and runs into early-mid September, with acres of beautiful blooming Sunflowers, Dahlias, Gladiolas & more!
What’s On at the Festival?
This year, the festival returns to its full glory, eager to welcome guests of all ages for an unforgettable adventure under a beautiful summer sky.
Running from Monday, July 26, until Labour Day or later, the 2021 Chilliwack Sunflower Festival boasts more than three kilometres of pathways throughout the fields, bursting with 42 varieties of sunflowers planted in each of the three display gardens, plus more than 50 varieties of dahlias, eight varieties of gladiolas, and a large bed of wildflowers. The fields are planted in stages so that all of the flowers can be enjoyed throughout the season, just in different locations around the fields. There will always be between 5 and 8 acres of flowers in full bloom throughout the season.
In addition to the flowers themselves, capture lasting memories of the day at a variety of onsite photo opportunities, including a windmill; three vintage bicycles; a 1950s Morris convertible; a horse carriage; seven swing sets; a three-wheeled Harley-Davidson motorcycle, and much more. Guests can also enjoy the many outdoor lawn games available to play.
This year also sees the return of “U-pick sunflowers” as well as a field-side store with fresh-cut and potted sunflowers, sunflower seeds and bulbs (tulips, daffodils and hyacinths) for planting, souvenirs, ice cream, snacks, cold drinks, fresh Chilliwack corn, and local garlic.
In need of something more substantial to satisfy your appetite? A local food truck will be onsite daily, and two on weekends.
In order to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all guests, there will be limited hourly capacity, as well as hand-sanitizing stations positioned throughout the premises, and staff will frequently sanitize high-touch areas.
What to Expect
- 15 acres of Sunflowers, with 5-8 acres in bloom at any given time in phases for the entire festival.
- Three acres of Dahlias in over 50 varieties.
- Three display gardens featuring 42 different varieties of sunflowers.
- Special photo opportunities – there are plenty of places and props to help you get that perfect family photo, a fun shot with friends, or a great new wallpaper pic for your phone. Come check out the windmill, our three vintage Dutch bikes, our giant Dutch wooden shoe, selfie frames, and seven swing sets, 1950s Morris vintage car, vintage horse carriage, or perch yourself atop one of our field-viewing platforms.
- A U-pick field – feel free to wander this area with a set of clippers until you find the perfect Sunrich Orange Sunflower to take home.
- One food truck on-site on weekdays, and two on weekends, ready to serve you.
- Lawn games, including Yardzee, bolaball, giant Jenga, tic-tac-toe, and checkers.
- The Farm Shop – pick up some fresh-cut or potted Sunflowers, Tulip, Hyacinth or Daffodil bulbs, postcards, photo cards, souvenirs, and more!
- Covered picnic area – you’ll find lots of shade among the Sunflowers but you can also enjoy a cold drink or lunch out of the sun in our pavilion.
- Free parking – we have around 10 acres of field parking, with 5 acres in bark mulch for a better all-weather option.
- Accessible to all – Accessible parking is located adjacent to the fields on a pea gravel lot. Just remember we are on a farm and we are completely weather dependent. We have a beautiful covered area that overlooks our fields should the weather make for difficult walking/wheeling around our fields.