RICHMOND SUNFLOWER DAY
September 4th – Locals Day for Richmond, BC at the Chilliwack Sunflower Festival
Chilliwack Sunflower Festival invites residents of Richmond, BC to visit the fields on Wednesday September 4th for a special price. All guests 6+ are only $5 per person all day long.
* ID Required. Price offered at the gate only. Not available online
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Close to 20 acres of sunflowers (5-10 in bloom at any given time in phases for the entire 6 week festival)
- 3 acres of Dahlias in 54 varieties.
- 2-acre display garden featuring 35 different varieties of sunflowers.
- Special photo opportunities – there are plenty of places and props to help you get that perfect family photo, a fun shot with friends, or a great new wallpaper pic for your phone. Come check out the windmill, our vintage Dutch bike, our new giant Dutch wooden shoe, selfie frames, and multiple swings, or perch yourself atop our field-viewing platform.
- A u-pick field – feel free to wander this area with a set of clippers until you find the perfect Sunrich sunflower to take home. And new this year, u-pick sweet corn! (Opening August 9th, limited daily supply)
- A variety of food trucks on site, ready to serve you daily.
- Lawn games, including Yardzee, bolaball, giant Jenga, tic-tac-toe, and checkers.
- 10 acres of hop fields to explore and enjoy.
- The Chilliwack Rotary Train – take a ride along the sides of our fields. Perfect for visitors with mobility issues. (weekends only starting mid August)
- Our festival store – pick up some fresh-cut or sunflowers, tulip or daffodil bulbs, postcards, photo cards, lots of Van Gogh inspired souvenirs, and more!
- Covered picnic area – you’ll find lots of shade among the sunflowers and hops but you can also enjoy a cold drink or lunch out of the sun in our picnic area.
- Mural created by a local Indigenous artist, Fred Jackson, with cut-outs for fun photos.
- Free parking – we have around 10 acres of field parking, with 5 acres in bark mulch for a better all-weather option.
Accessible to all – handicapped parking is located adjacent to the fields on a pea gravel lot. Just remember we are on a farm and we are completely weather dependent. We have a beautiful covered area that overlooks our fields should the weather make for difficult walking/wheeling around our fields.